18/12/2017

My Summer Essentials

It took a minute, but summer is well and truly in full swing in Brisbane! The sun be swelterin' and the sweat be drippin'. I figured now was a good a time as any to share some of my essential products for combatting the hot weather (or rather making it more bearable!). 




Solar D Sunscreens*
Sunscreen is an obvious must all year round (especially in Australia), but especially in summer when the sun is beating down and you're spending more time outside - ju gotta slip slop slap! I've particularly been enjoying the Solar D range of sunscreens which are actually quite special as they let in much needed vitamin D to the body, without sacrificing sun protection! Solar D uses selective UVB filtering technology to screen out UVA rays while allowing some UVB light from the sun to be absorbed to promote the production of Vitamin D. Besides offering high SPF (SPF 50) and broad spectrum protection, these sunscreens help the body produce much-needed vitamin D and help prevent vitamin D deficiency. You can learn more about the technology here!

I've been using the Daily Face* sunscreen on days when I'm not wearing makeup as my daily moisturiser. The formula is lovely - it really is moisturising enough for my oily/combo skin. The texture is on the thinner side and I feel like a little goes a long way. It does give a dewy (sliiightly greasy) look to the skin, but it doesn't feel thick or oily at all, and it leaves no white cast. I've also been using Everyday Active* on my body whenever I'm spending prolonged time out in the sun!


Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater
This is a staple for me all year round and I use it as my nightly hydrating toner. In summer though, and in this hot-ass weather, it can be so refreshing to spritz this on your face (or body) throughout the day! It's especially lovely if you've kept it in the fridge!

Sanctuary Spa 4 Day Moisture Body Oil Spray
This is a product I've had for a while but just recently rediscovered when I needed a new body moisturiser. This is a body oil spray but unlike other body oils I've tried, this one is very lightweight and not "oily" at all. The spray is very fine and a light spritz all over the body and quickly rubbed in is quite hydrating. It sinks in really well and leaves the skin with a gorgeous moisturised glow. About that "4 Day" claim though... It doesn't leave the skin moisturised for 4 days. Because it's so lightweight, I find it's not as moisturising as a traditional lotion or butter but it feels like nothing on the skin!

I don't know about you guys, but even in the summer my skin can get that scaley look (especially if I've been lazy on the moisturiser front...). Seeing as I've got my legs out most of summer - a body scrub is a must! This one is lovely because it's very lightweight feeling and still hydrating! Helps slough those scales right off...

Fresh Life
A li'l perfume fave for you guys. This scent is very... fresh (ha) and definitely appropriate for the hot weather. Also this one's a travel size so I can take it with me and top up for when I'm getting a little... ripe (it's hot and I sweat!!). The scent is so difficult to describe! It's described as a citrus fragrance which I get, but also it's really not citrus in the traditional sense. It's certainly a fruity scent but almost savoury in a way. It definitely has like a leafy, lush vibe to it (like the scent of a bunch of crumpled up bush leaves).


I just spoke about this in my last post so I'll keep it short here. Although it's often Too Hot to be wearing makeup - sometimes you just have to! Typically I'll opt for a very lightweight base, and use concealer where needed. This one is perfect - feels watery so it is lightweight on the skin and gives a healthy, summer glow!

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Mattifying Powder
Although a glow is highly desirable in summer...my oily skin just can't handle it! To help my makeup last as long as possible and keep the oil (and sweat!) somewhat at bay, a powder is a must. I love this one because it's translucent and really does mattify. It doesn't add any cakiness, dryness or powderiness to the look and purely sets and mattifies.

Ulta3 Sunkissed Bronzer by Elyse Knowles
Bronzer is a must for summer to help give ya that beached babe glow (and match ya face to your tanned bod). Rather than a super matte one to contour the cheeks though, I've been opting for a more shimmery one to up the "beachy bronze goddess glow" vibes and to look more natural on the skin. This one by Ulta3 is actually more of a highlighter I'd say - it's too pale for a bronzer, but is a bronzey looking highlighter. The shimmer is more of a sheen so it's really flattering and you can easily apply this liberally to the high points of the cheeks and face where you would naturally tan. It adds such a pretty all over glow!

L'oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray
Similarly with the powder, I need all the help I can get to keep the makeup from melting off of my face. Any setting spray will do, but I really like this one because it's not as heavy duty as the Urban Decay All Nighter but it does prolong the wear of makeup!

Fairy Drops Scandal Queen Quattro Mascara
Waterproof mascara is a must for hot, humid weather where the air is ripe and sweat and oil are in abundance (never mind the fact that mascara smudges on me no matter the weather). This one from Fairy Drops is lovely, though mine is getting on a bit so it's not as waterproof as it used to be...

Mecca Cosmetica Lip de Luscious in Peach Shimmer
In hot weather I tend to reach for more balmy, sheer lip products and glosses that don't look heavy on the lips. This one is lovely! The tint is very sheer though and it just adds the slightest hint of peachy pink. In terms of moisturising-ness - it's okay. Not the best lip balm I've tried but it does the job. It also has SPF 25 which is amazing - gotta remember that your lips can get burnt too!

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>

*Products gifted for consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment