13/03/2017

In The Spotlight // Milani Cosmetics

I'm back with another brand spotlight post, this time for Milani Cosmetics. Unfortunately I only have three products (trust me, I wish I had more) but they're all definitely worth talking about! Milani is a brand I've always been interested in but unfortunately don't have the easiest access to! We can pretty easily purchase their products online now which is great, but sometimes I just like to have a play in person! The three products I do have from them though are all pretty great...keep reading for my full review!






L-R: Luminoso swatched, blended


L-R: Base, Contour, Lid, Crease, Specialty, Liner

Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer in 03 Light Beige
This is a foundation that was getting a bit of hype when it first came out, but it's sort of died down now. I actually pruchased this one from Beauty Bay where it was pretty well priced! Firstly, the packaging is really great. It's housed in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser which is always great to see!

It's described as a full coverage - so full in fact that it's also a concealer? - and long wearing (water resistant!) foundation.  The texture is quite thick - not very liquidy - but blends and applies easily. I will say it has medium-full coverage that's buildable, but probably not to the extend of a full coverage concealer. I can get a really good basically full coverage though and it doesn't really get cakey which is great! I find it has a natural satin finish, not matte but definitely not dewy either. It lasts fairly well on my oily/combo skin. Oil still does come through by the end of the day, but I don't notice the product breaking up on my face or going patchy or dry. All in all, it's a pretty great foundation, especially for the drugstore. I think it would work for pretty much all skintypes and works well as an everyday foundation applied lightly, or for more full makeup just built up a little!

Milani Baked Powder Blush in Luminoso
Ahh, the cult product that I wanted to get my hands on for years. It really does say something about a product to know it's been a cult favourite for so long and is still being talked about these days! Milani's blushes are well known for having a really great formula, but Luminoso is definitely their standout shade.

I find the formula to be really lovely. It's smooth but not too soft that it kicks up powder, or is overly pigmented. I'd say the level of pigment is pretty perfect for a blush - it doesn't have you building up layers and layers, but it's hard to overdo it. I also think the lasting power is pretty good! Usually blush is the first thing to fade on me and while this does fade throughout the day, I can usually still see it on my cheeks at the end of the day! Luminoso is a gorgeous light, soft peach with a slight pink tone. The sheen is really what makes it special though! It has a slight golden sheen, but no discernible glitter or shimmer - it looks really pretty and ethereal on the cheeks. It's enough highlight if you wanted a subtle day look but isn't going to give you an intensely metallic cheek! If you've been reading my blog recently, you'd know this has become one of my daily go-tos - it really is deserving of all the hype!

Milani Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Collection in Earthy Elements
I know these got a bit of attention when they first launched, but I have to say these are seriously underrated eyeshadow palettes! I guess I'm guilty of that too because I haven't spoken about it much on my blog, but I'm here to rectify that! The size of this palette and the amount of shades is perfect for travelling and I can surprisingly create a few very different looks with it. In general, the formula is amazing. I will admit, there are a couple of duds in here but they're still workable. The Base shade is a little dry and glittery (though that can be pretty for a highlight), and the Specialty shade is also dry and sheer. The three shades in the middle though are absolute standouts. The mattes are pigmented, smooth and blendable, and the Crease shade (which I would NOT use in the crease) is such a gorgeous soft, foiled metallic shade.

They have a few really great shade options in the range, but Earthy Elements is definitely my favourite. Like I said, Base can be a little glittery, but it's still a pretty shimmery cream shade. Contour is a perfect matte transition shade - a medium, slightly warm toned brown. Lid is an amazing orangey-rust shade that also has a great matte finish. Crease is the standout in the palette though. It reminds me a lot of Makeup Geek Grandstand - a gorgeous intensely metallic rose-y bronze shade. Specialty is a odd colour - a beige nude with a slight golden shimmer/sheen. I sort of wish this was replaced with a matte cream or a golden colour maybe! Liner is a warm-toned, slightly burgundy shade with a bit of shimmer to it. I like this one but I do wish it was a bit richer and darker.

While I've only tried three products from Milani, I'm fairly confident that they're an amazing drugstore brand. I really want to try more from them - let me know if you have any recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment