27/04/2015

Persephone's Fave Lippy

K, first I shall explain the somewhat odd title. It has more relevance than you think ;) LET'S GET CULTURED, Y'ALL. Hades (Greek god of the underworld) gave Persephone pomegranate seeds to eat, which she did. Since she had eaten food of the underworld, she had to spend part of the year with Hades as the queen of the underworld. (Thanks Tam and Yasmin for making the connections haha). Sooo, there's the Persephone reference in the Pomegranate seeds, plus Korres is a Greek brand. Coincidence?!??! I THINK NOT. So yeah, if you couldn't tell, I'll be reviewing the Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate for you guys today! It's a product I've wanted to try since the beginning of time (legit), so keep reading to see what I thought of it!








The packaging is pretty cute, but the pot format is a little inconvenient, especially for on the go. They do have tube versions, but I'm not sure if it's the same formula! The lid screws on very tight actually, so it definitely won't come undone in your bag! I love that the lid is the colour of the product inside. Makes it easy to identify, and looks so cute if you have a bunch of them!

The formula itself isn't as "buttery" as I'd like. It's actually quite unique compared to other lip balms I've tried, and very hard to describe. It's very thin, and while it is balmy, it's just not as luscious or immediately moisturising as I expected. I've always heard amazing things about these, and how hydrating they are, but so far I haven't been that impressed to be honest! On the box it says "ideal for chapped lips" which I'd have to disagree with. At least with this shade, I find that the colour can settle/cling to dry patches on the lips, rather than smooth over them. It's not terrible but for a lip balm product, I guess I expected more! Same goes for the amount of hydration it gives. I find it absorbs quite quickly into my lips and therefore lasting power isn't amazing (which I expected), but my lips are then left feeling only slightly more hydrated after, if that. It's not the most intense balm out there, that's for sure. I still do really like the formula, don't get me wrong! It's light weight, super comfortable on the lips, not sticky/gloopy or too smeary on the lips but gives a slight sheen. It's just one of those products you can throw on easily!

Shade wise, Pomegranate is very much reminiscent of its namesake fruit. It's a pinky-coral shade that applies sheerly, but can be built up to get slightly more colour than just a light tint. It's a pretty shade that looks natural and juicy/just bitten on the lips! While I haven't tried it on the cheeks, I do hear that these work quite well as a cream blush!

So there we have it, while I do enjoy this product, it's not my favourite. I think I just had too high hopes! I wish it was more moisturising and maybe slightly longer lasting, but I guess you can't have it all! Next on my tinted lip balm hit list though...Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector Balms!

Have you tried the Korres Lip Butters? Do you like them?

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>