23/02/2015

SP-EYE-CY

I'm SO imaginative with that title aren't eye I ;) I've been ranting and raving about the Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad (now All About Shadow Quad) in 102 Spicy for long enough that I figured I should probably review it and show you guys some swatches! I actually think this shade has been discontinued (ooops, don't kill me!) since it's not on their website, and I bought it from the Corporate store, but I'd figured I'd still review it because the shadow formula has actually become one of my favourites! Plus, the shades aren't that unique so you could probably find some similar ones elsewhere.






Swatched in same order as above.

Firstly, let's just discuss the beautimous packaging of this eye shadow quad. HOT DAMN. CLASS. It's super sleek and compact with a secure closure, a gorgeous mirrored lid, and an actual mirror in the lid. It also has a clear bottom which I love immensely since you can see what colours are inside. It's the same thick plastic as what the Cheek Pop blushes are packaged in, which is heavier than usual making it not at all cheap looking/feeling, and instead, extremely luxe. Minimalist packaging at its finest. It does come with two foam applicators which can be discarded but WE CAN FORGIVE THAT.

Formula wise, like I said, it's so good it's shot up the ranks! The texture of these shadows is just so soft and smooth. While I wouldn't use the word "buttery", I like how the powder isn't so soft that it kicks up extra product. The pigmentation is excellent but you can't really ever over do it with these! They just apply so effortlessly and blend easily without losing colour. Wear time is great as well, though pretty standard. Minimal creasing at the end of the day with primer! 

Shade wise, I have to say this quad is quite unique! It reminds me of the Naked 3 Palette with its rosy browns and pinky mauves but...better and even more versatile? While all the shades are somewhat shimmery, none are overly metallic so while I wish there was a matte shade in here, I can definitely do without it! The first shade is a pale gold which has a really creamy look to it. This could be easily used as a highlighter or all over the lid shade. The next shade is a rosy pink which is very wearable and pretty! Next up is a medium bronzey shade with slight rosy hints to it. This could be used many ways as well, all over the lid, in the crease or outer corner! Lastly is a deeper chocolately brown that can be used to smoke things up or deepen the crease. What I love about the shade choices is that you can really pair any of the shades together to get different looks. You can keep things golden brown, or make them more rosy toned, light and pretty, or deep and smoky!

This quad has definitely become one of my go-tos. The foolproof formula and shade selection makes it so easy to use! I think this would be an excellent travelling companion as well, considering it's quite versatile for a quad! Clinique is not the first brand I would've gravitated toward for eyeshadow, but I must say, I'm impressed! They are expensive...but worth it in my eyes!

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>