10/11/2014

Moisture Minis

Antipodes is a brand I've always heard so much about, being certified organic and using all natural ingredients, and one that I've always wanted to try products from. When they released a couple of limited edition mini sets, I knew I had to get my hands on one! They proved to be popular and I managed to snag the Moisture Boost Minis on sale, which features deluxe sized samples of the Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream and the Divine Face Oil.


























































































The packaging of this is adorable, it's a petite metal tube that holds 15mL of product. I absolutely adore Antipodes' packaging style, and it well reflects the brand's natural ethos. The smell of this moisturiser is INCR-EDIBLE. It's just so delightfully delicious,  vanillary but comforting and almost a bit jasminey? Basically, it's amazing. So much so that when I used it at a sleepover, my friends were like "what is that smell?!" and I was like "ma moisturiser" ;)

Anyways, I've already featured this in a favourites post so y'all know I love it. The texture is quite thick and creamy, but easily rubbed into the skin. I find that it absorbs almost instantly and leaves skin feeling soft but dry to the touch, if that makes sense. It's so deliciously moisturising, but miraculously, sits really well under makeup, never making my skin feel oily or weighed down. A day cream that's lightweight yet uber moisturising? Yes please! I've since finished up the whole tube, and would definitely repurchase in the future!















































The packaging on this one is equally as adorable. The teeny tiny bottle holds 10mL of product with its own lil' dropper, making it perfect for travel! I did actually take this on my one week trip down to Melbourne and it worked really well. I'll definitely be keeping the bottle and refilling it for travelling. 

As for the oil itself, I'm not sure it really wowed me to be honest! To be fair though, the extreme weather difference of Melbourne really took its toll on my skin! It was extremely dry and exposed to wind a lot of the time. I used this oil every night and occasionally in the morning, and I can't say it really helped my skin that much unfortunately! I was also using a different moisturiser though, so that needs to be taken into account as well. I'm not really a huge fan of the scent, though facial oils never really tend to smell that great! It isn't by any means a bad oil, it did moisturise my skin, sink in well and it didn't leave my face feeling greasy at all, it's just that I have others that perform much better. I haven't had the chance to test it in Brisbane weather conditions, mostly because I'm saving it for travel, but I will definitely report back when I do! 

So overall, one hit and one...miss(ish). There's no denying though that I still really want to try out more of the range! You may still be able to get your hands on the mini sizes at Priceline, but Antipodes is actually 20% off at Priceline at the moment so do take advantage!

Have you tried anything from Antipodes?

No comments:

Post a Comment