24/11/2014

Cheeky Gerbera

Aaah, the Stila Convertible Colours. They've been on my wishlist for what seems like years, and I finally got my hands on one in Gerbera, the token peachy-pink of the range. Despite not having it for long, it's already popped up on the blog a couple of times. I thought I'd share my full review with you guys now that I've had ample play time!
























































































L-R: swatched, blended























I must say, the packaging of these Convertible Colours fits in pretty perfectly with Stila's bright and playful branding. The compact is slim and contains a handy dandy mirror, making it perfect for a handbag touchup. The casing is the same colour as the product inside, making it easy to spot in your collection, and has a pretty floral embossing on the top.

The Convertible Colours are creamy products designed to work on both the cheeks and lips. My primary use is as a cream blush. I find on the lips it's a bit drying, and can accentuate dry patches and lines in the lips. It's not the worst I've encountered in a cream blush on the lips by any means, but this particular shade can appear chalky on my lips, as well as being too pale for me. On the cheeks though, we are definitely onto a winner. The texture of the product is quite thick and creamy, and pigmented. Trust me when I say it doesn't take much to achieve the desired look. I know some people find the texture a bit sticky, which it can feel in the pan/on the fingers, but I find personally, when applied it melds well with the skin looking super natural, and lending a lovely glow to the cheeks. I typically apply it with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and only need one tap for each cheek. It blends beautifully, and is just as nice applied with fingers. The lasting power is pretty good for a cream blush (in my experience), but typical in powder terms - around 5/6 hours wear time. You could set it with a powder to prolong lasting time.

Gerbera has always been the shade I've been drawn to. It's not the typical peachy-pink blush in my collection. It has quite a pastel, pink lean to it, with just enough warm peachy tones to suit my skintone. The slightly lighter shade gives a beautiful youthful glow that is so brightening and uplifting to the face. It also looks super natural! It's really just a pretty and easy blush shade.

I'm pretty infatuated with this blush, and there aren't many (if any) bad things to say about it! Given how many rave reviews I've read over the years, it does not disappoint as a blush! The Convertible Colours retail for AUD$34 at Mecca.

PS. I'm in New Zealand right now to celebrate graduating high school! I will be back on Saturday, so apologies in advance as I won't we able to read blog posts, or respond to comments (probably). There will still be a post going up on Thursday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment