04/08/2014

Hot Flushes

Bright. Red. Blush. Never, did I ever think that I would end up purchasing a shade like this, but alas, here I am. This particular shade of cream blush, Libido (seriously, is there a competition for most risque blush names?), from Illamasqua was on clearance at their counter and after initially scoffing at it, I couldn't get it off my mind as I googled and read every review ever. Here I am to give my 2 cents!






































































































































The packaging is standard for Illamasqua, a pinched square with a clear window through which you can clearly see the shade. Whilst I love the packaging, it's iconic shape, rather luxe feel - it is quite bulky. There is quite a bit of excess plastic that makes it bigger and bulkier than it need be, it only contains 4g of product.

With regards to the formula, I have always wanted to try one of Illamasqua's blushes, whether it be powder or cream, both have received many raves! This shade is incredibly pigmented, you need barely a touch to yield enough product for both cheeks. The texture of the blush is very creamy, but also very thin with an emollient slip to it, not at all thick or pasty. It's a pleasure to apply with either fingers or a stippling brush, despite it's bright colour, it blends out very easily. This shade is very buildable, you can start out very sheer and of course build the colour up to be much more potent. The formula feels weightless on the cheeks and really melds with the skin, leaving an extremely natural finish. Because I use it very sheerly, with very little product, I'm only really depositing colour and not a whole lot of sheen or creamy dew, so it leaves a rather semi-matte finish that doesn't accentuate dryness. The lasting power is excellent for a cream blush, 5-7 hours depending on how heavily you've applied it. It does fade throughout the day but the colour lingers. The formula also works on the lips, it isn't extremely drying and actually works quite well!

So, Libido, she's bright isn't she? Although it looks like a straight up warm-red in the pan, it actually comes off much more orange, rendering it more wearable in my opinion. When worn sheerly, it gives a really pretty orangey-red flush to the cheeks that I think looks really nice and in some cases, quite natural. Though this definitely wouldn't be as easy to wear on extremely fair skintones, I think it would suit most light-medium and darker complexions.

So overall, although the shade is a bit scary, have no fear - it sheers out! I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying this product. The formula is probably the best cream blush I've tried and the colour is surprisingly wearable.

Would you ever wear a shade like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment