14/07/2014

Haul // One Last Hurrah

Yup, I did some more shopping - oops. I went on one final shopping/movie trip for the holidays so I had to stock up on a few things before school started, and I stumbled upon some gems I'm really excited to share. I ended up seeing How to Train Your Dragon 2 (in case anyone cares), and it was adorable and sad, though I didn't cry (shocker there, amirite). Anyways, on with the rather small haul!













































The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter
I finally picked this up! I've been wanting to try this for ages, but I was hesitant because it contains Shea Butter which is supposedly an irritant for acne prone skin. I've read my fair share of reviews though and no one seemed to have an issue, I've read only good things! This will be my first cleansing balm so I am very excited :D It was $26.95 so not the cheapest, but not crazy either.

Garnier Dark Spot Treatment Night Serum
This is a repurchase - I'm almost out of my current one. I wanted to try out another brightening serum but there actually weren't that many, and this one was on sale for $12.50 so I decided to pick it up again. I have to say I think it works, but with these kinds of products, it's always hard to tell! You can read my full review here.

Hurraw! Vanilla Bean Lip Balm
Shannon from Shaaanxo always raves about these and they actually sounded really nice. I spotted them at David Jones on clearance for $4.86 so I decided to grab one because I actually don't have any tube lip balms at the moment, and I wanted one for handbag/pencil case situation. I went for the safe choice of Vanilla Bean and it smells really lovely!
























Face of Australia Contour & Highlight Kit in Leopardess
This is a limited edition kit that I normally wouldn't be drawn to (I already own the Sleek one), but what really enticed me was just how cool toned the contour shade was from swatches that I saw. It really looked like it would make an amazing contour product. Of course, it was sold out in my Priceline but I managed to nab it at Kmart. They were fully stocked, and my guess is because everything is in plastic so you can't even see the product let alone swatch it, which was probably a turnoff for most customers. Good for me though ;). The highlighter is really pretty too! It was only $9.25.

3 Concept Eyes Cream Blusher in Baby Peach
Woohooo, Asian cosmetics! My local-ish shopping centre is having major renos and heaps of new stores are opening, including a shop called W Cosmetics which basically stocks a ton of Asian brands, like a ton. The store is soooo nice too, the interiors are really nice, they have a manicure section at the back and like a sitting area, where my friends retired whilst I made my way around the store a bajillion times, swatching pretty much every product. Needless to say, the makeup geek within me was FREAKING OUT. They have brands like Etude House, Tony Moly, Shu Uemura, Jill Stuart, Dolly Wink, Clio, etc, etc. It was overwhelming to say the least. 

The 3CE section was adorable, I'd heard good things about the brand but no specifics. Their packaging is so nice, definitely reminds me of NARS but their price range is similar to L'oreal/Revlon which is exciting. The SA recommended their cream blushes which was one of the first things to catch my eye. The shade is a typical me colour but quite pastel-y and ethereal. The 20g tube only cost $16.95 which I thought was pretty good, this is legit going to last me forever! No doubt I'll be returning to this store, many, many times...

[Also, a quick happy birthday to Dan Smith from Bastille!!!  ]

No comments:

Post a Comment