30/06/2014

Monthly Favourites // June 2014

Howdy! Favourites time again! I'm currently enjoying mid-year school holidays, which are always good because we get three weeks instead of two, but they seem to be speeding by :P. The first half of June was stressful to say the least, I had five exams spread within a week and there was little sleep to be had, and much cramming to be done. Glad to say that's over, but not looking forward to next term which is shaping up to be even more stressful...aah Grade 12...fun times. Anyway, let's crack on to the faves!














































The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter
I got this travel size for my birthday and was actually really excited for it! These body butters get a lot of love in the beauty community - I've only tried one before and wasn't overly impressed, but to be fair I think it was a bit old :/ haha. This one however, I have been really enjoying! I was 'eh' about the scent to begin with, but I must say it has grown on me immensely! I actually have no idea what Moringa smells like, but it's florally, fresh and almost a bit Jasmine-y. The butter itself is lighter feeling than I thought it would be, it's been moisturising my dry winter skin really well!

Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant +
Like I said, because it's Winter, my skin has actually gotten noticeably drier, and not just on my body! I've noticed my face is a little less oily and getting a tad drier in the cheek region. This Rose hip oil has been amazing for helping moisturise my skin! I simply mix four drops in with my nighttime moisturiser and I am set with moisturised, soft and plump skin when I wake up. I've also been adding a drop to my morning moisturiser some days and it doesn't make me more oily which is great!

Puretopia Hydrating & Soothing Facial Mist & Toner
Again with the drier skin, I've been really enjoying misting this after my regular toner some days. I find it really helps moisturise, soothe and refresh my skin. It feels really lovely and I'm abiding to Caroline Hirons' whole 'double toning' thing, not that I really care that much, but it does feel really nice and moisturising.
























Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow palette
Huzzah! Didn't I predict it? Come holiday time, whenever I go out (albeit...not often (I have such an eventful life...)) I reach for some eyeshadow, and this has been the only palette I've been using! To be fair, it's only really because I want to experiment with the shades, test out the infamous UD formula, etc. A review post will be coming with my thoughts, and although I love the selection of shades and have been using them a bunch, I'm not sure that I've been blown away with it! 

Face of Australia Blush in the shade Nutmeg
I won this in a giveaway and initially was not really into it, I will admit, the formula leaves a bit left to be desired. It's a bit sheer and not overly soft or smooth. I have been loving it though, especially in combination with the Naked 3 palette and the lip product I'll talk about next. It's like the neutral rosy blushes I've come to love - a nothing-y shade on the cheek - but slightly more of the peachy-pink variety. It has a slight shimmer but it's not overly noticeable. It just adds a tiny flush of natural colour to the cheeks which is very complimentary to a stronger eye look.

Maybelline Colour Elixir in Caramel Infused
This shade is pretty much the perfect my lips but better, and it's rosy, warm tone goes perfectly with the Naked 3 palette. The formula itself is really lovely and lives up to the hype. Glossy, yet balmy with no stickiness and good colour payoff.

Rimmel Matte BB Cream in Medium
Technically I haven't used this tube yet, but I got a sample sachet which has lasted me a good few uses! I really like the finish of this, it's not entirely matte but doesn't have any sheen or dewiness to it. It looks really natural and the coverage is pretty good for a BB cream, light but slightly buildable. The colour is a little orangey looking which was a bit concerning, but it seems to blend out really well, and ends up being a pretty good match for me! Good things on the longevity front too.

No comments:

Post a Comment