30/05/2013

Monthly Favourites | May 2013

Heyo - it's that time again! Favourites time! I'm not going to drag on about how quickly this month has gone, blah blah blah, but we all know that it did! Anyhow, I have quite a few new products thrown in the mix today. 


First up for the makeup bits!



As we approach the cooler months, the weather sucks out all the moisture from my skin and lips! Especially here, the temperature dropped quite a bit, quite suddenly. To keep the lips smooth and supple I've been using a lip combo that helps all lip products apply to the lips a lot smoother. The Lush Popcorn lip scrub (limited edition) is a sugar lip scrub that helps scrub away all the dead and flaky skin, revealing soft, smooth lips. Popcorn is a really delicious caramel flavour. They advise to lick it off of your lips once scrubbed, but then....wouldn't you be eating your dead skin..? Yucky! Haha, the other lip product is the Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream. At first I wasn't so enthused by this balm, but I've grown to love it. It's not super intensely moisturising, or by any means the best lip balm EVER!!!! It's pretty average. It has got a lovely texture and sits well under lipstick and just what I've been reaching for most this month. The flavour melds well with the lip scrub too.

  For lip colour, I've been reaching for my Loreal Nutri-shine balm in Nudy Coral. As described here it's a really lovely lip balm in itself and provides the faintest hint of colour, with sparkle and shine.

For a lot of this month, I've really been enjoying my Bourjois Blush in 16 Rose Coup de Foudre. It is a beautiful peach-pink-apricot shade with a gorgeous gold shimmery-sheen. Very pretty. I'll be doing a review of it and the other shade I own soon.

I received the Neutrogena Dry touch sunscreen in the Neutrogena sample pack when I was definitely in need of a new one (my other one, Neutrogena Sport Face, had expired a year ago and I only realised recently..whoops...). I really like this suncreen, it has SPF 30+ and isn't dry to the touch per se, but it isn't crazy greasy or thick like other sunscreens. It is very lightweight and sinks into the skin well. It sits underneath makeup well and doesn't make me any oilier than I would be otherwise throughout the day. I'll definitely be picking up the full size with SPF 50!


It was inevitable, that these brushes were to feature in a favourites, and here they are. I sure have been loving ALL of the Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman brushes but these in particular I have been using the most. The Blush Brush and the Buffing Brush (each ranking 1st and 2nd on my fave brush list respectively). I won't go into detail but I've been loving the buffing brush for my foundation, you know the usual spiel. I'd never tried a flat-top type brush to apply my foundation before, and now I'll never go back! The blush brush has been my new brush-for-everything-powder. It works well for face powder, blush, bronzer, the works and I've been using it daily, maybe just to stroke its delightful softness...


I've never featured a perfume in a favourites before, now BOOM I have two here. I acquired both of these recently and have been loving them both. The first is Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Camellia which is a wonderful fresh, floral amost citrus scent. Very subtle and great for daily wear - it lasts too. The other is Michael Kors Gold Rose Edition which is beautiful - my little review (with pic spam) here. I haven't worn it too much yet, but I know it will be a firm favourite in the future!


The last item is the Green tea facial wipes from Beauty Care Co. I snagged these for an easy $2 and they are actually really good. The towelettes themselves are quite soft and damp (though they could be more moist) and they remove everything bar waterproof mascara.

I ship it. Johnlock all the way.
A bit of a TV show favourite, since you know, I'm addicted. I recently got super into Sherlock, it's just perfection, so witty and mind-blowing awesomeness, that and I'm a raging Cumberbitch. I am soooo excited for it to come back in November.

There ye go, my May Faves! What have you guys been loving this month?

29 comments:

  1. Great picks! I love the Nivea balms :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They've definitely grown on me!

      Delete
  2. I'm the same! I wasn't a huge fan of the Nivea lip butters, but now I'm obsessed! I really want to try that Michael Kors perfume :)

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love the way they smell, I want to pick up the macadamia one!

      Delete
  3. Nice favourites! I loveeeee the RT brushes as well, especially the buffing brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I really want to pick up some more RT!

      Delete
  4. I'm dying to try the popcorn lip scrub x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame it was a limited edition! Maybe they will bring it back this xmas season.

      Delete
  5. Everything in here looks awesome! I've been wearing the original green tea perfume by Elizabeth Arden :)

    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was sold out when I went to buy it, but I'm quite glad I got the one I did!

      Delete
  6. Awesome favorites, I love the buffing brush!
    And I really want to try a Lush lip scrub, but so true... if you're licking it off you're eating sugar and dead skin haha.
    My friend is obsessed with 'Sherlock' atm haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, pretty unappetizing, but I will admit it tastes pretty delish! Sherlock is just such a good show, you should start watching it!

      Delete
  7. Great post! I really want to try the blush and the lip scrub from Lush!

    purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Although the lip scrub is rather expensive, I think it's worth a go - and it'll last ages!

      Delete
  8. The Lush lip scrubs are such a rip-off but they smell so good! $10 for a pot of sugar... I made my own but finished it up- I need to get around to making another! Bourjois Rose Coup de Foudre is one of the nicest shades they make, and the RT brushes are amazing aren't they? I really want the Expert Face brush but don't want to place an order just for that. I don't want to place an order whatsoever, I want to be able to buy it in person! I used to buy those Green Tea wipes all the time but found a new favourite in the Swisspers Unscented alcohol-free ones- those are so good and I had to save them from Daphne's room because she uses them like tissues and they cost about $6 a packet. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very hard handing over the money! I tried making one too, but I couldn't get the consistency right - I think I added too much honey and not enough sugar :S, but I do think the Lush one will last me ages. My love for RT has just made me want more! I also want the Expert face brush, though I am content with the buffing for now. Haha, Daph...I don't think I could justify spending $6 on face wipes!

      Delete
  9. Now that you mention it ... I guess you would be eating your dead skin cells haha!

    I adore Real Techniques brushes - they simply work amazingly well. Functionality can be so underrated sometimes, but the combination of effectiveness + affordability is a win in my book. They always impress.

    I'm rediscovering my Bourjois blush pots - I have several and I really should show them more love. Rose Coup de Foudre is definitely one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just so impressed by them - but I knew I would be!
      Rose Coup de Foudre is so pretty, and I love the way it flatters my complexion!

      Delete
  10. Oh wow I love your blog! Followed :) Could you check mine out..

    missyinthemirror101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou and thankyou for the follow!

      Delete
  11. I love lush lipscrubs and I love that you can lick them afterwards :)

    I'd love to try the nivea lip balms xxx

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they do taste nice but I prefer not to when I have extra flaky lips!
      I think they are worth a try, but there's definitely better out there!

      Delete
  12. Nice monthly favorites! I might try the Lush popcorn lip scrubs soon! I can`t find nivea lipbalm here in the Philippines! I hope I can find it somewhere here! Haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice favourites post!! The Buffing Brush is one of my favourites from the Real Techniques range too. Popcorn lip scrub sounds so yummy but not when it's mixed with your own dead skin >-<"

    Liz
    www.lizchewy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use the mint chocolate lip scrub from lush! And the sunscreen! Haha check out my blog if you get a chance <3 Lovely post.
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where did you get the Lush Lip Scrub! I'm from Australia too and I have been looking everywhere fro Lush products! I thought they were only in England.
    Honor
    honorgleadow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you can get Lush in Australia in their stores. You can find a store location on their website.

      Delete
  16. Great favorites! I have to get more brushes :)
    xoxo
    -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete