15/04/2013

Spotty Superhero

Today I have a skincare review of the Origins Super Spot Remover. This has received many good reviews, though some bad as well. I had just ran out of my other spot treatment, so I decided to give this one a go.


It's packaged in a little squeezable blue bottle which holds 10mL. It is easy to dispense the right amount of product and it has a screw top lid.


It's a gel consistency with quite a strong smell. It's key ingredients are salicylic acid and witch hazel. It also has clove bud oil to fade spots but I did not find that it really helped with fading scars. I use this twice daily, at night and in the morning. In terms of actually 'removing' pimples, it doesn't really remove them overnight by any means. I find different results depending on what sort of blemish I use it on. For larger, under the skin pimples I find it doesn't really help too much. It still takes about a week for them to calm down, but they still leave a mark. I find it does help bring them to head though (bring them to the skin's surface). For whiteheads, again I get different results. For really small whiteheads, I find they're gone after about one-two days. For larger whiteheads it takes a bit longer, anywhere between three days to a week. 

When I first used it, it did sting a bit, but afterward it was okay. After exfoliating my skin though, I find it stings quite a bit with a cooling sensation, it tightens up the area and almost makes them a bit itchy. I find this sensation only lasts for a few minutes though and it's definitely bearable.


So, is it worth the money? The price is $19 for only 10mL of product (such a tiny bottle!), though I think this will last me quite a long time. It's definitely better that the last spot treatment I used (Clinique anti-blemish solutions spot treatment gel) but I haven't tried any others so I don't have a lot to compare it to. I do really like it but I'm not sure if I would repurchase, we'll see by the end of the bottle. But, I'm still searching for the perfect, miracle spot treatment! Origins is available from Kit Cosmetics and Mecca Cosmetica/Maxima.

Have you tried the Origins Super Spot Remover?

4 comments:

  1. Love this product! Handy to have, even though it's tiiiiny it will definitely last :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that the best spot zapper is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, if I feel one coming I pop it on before bed, and then it hardly ever appears! It's $18.95 too so a good price considering the bottle is pretty big! I've been wanting to try this (mainly just because it is Origins) but I do love my Mario B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mhmm, that has been raved about a lot. Though, I read somewhere that it isn't as effective on cystic/under the skin pimples?

      Delete