29/04/2013

NOTD | Dipping into Dots

Today I have a NOTD featuring a bit of nail art! 


For this look, I tried my hand at the Gradient Dot nail art which I first saw on Sarah from Chalkboard Nails. It is just dots that graduate from smaller dots to larger dots.


For the colours, I used Sinful Colors Pistache and Envy and I also used a random black nail polish. For dots I just used some dotting tools which I bought from ebay for a couple of bucks.


Pistache is a really pretty light yellow-toned green that is quite pistachio reminiscent! I've been wanting a pistachio coloured polish for a while and this one fits the bill! Great formula too, opaque in two coats.


Envy is a deep green which is supposedly a dupe of OPI Jade is the New Black which I've been wanting for a while. It is a really pretty shade and again has a very good formula.

The Gradient dot look was very easy to do and this was my first time trying it. I am quite happy with the results, though my right hand didn't turn out as well, haha. I topped it with my Revlon Colorstay topcoat which lasts a really long time, about 5 days without chipping!


I think the Gradient Dot nail art is a very easy look and I'll definitely be doing it again! I also really enjoyed the Sinful Colors polishes and am interested in picking up some more!
Sidenote: I saw Iron Man 3 on Friday and it was amazing! A definite must see!

What nail colours/art looks have you guys been rocking lately?

2 comments:

  1. that is verrrryyy cool! perfect for st. patricksday! hahahaah its just what cam e into my mind, but i would wear that anyday tbh! x

    misstephaniechen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it is quite St Patty's day appropriate!

      Delete