08/04/2013

Magic Water

Today I have a review of the extremely hyped up Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellaire Solution! I bought this off of Ebay for about $18 for the 250mL bottle.


The packaging is a plain bottle with an opening that dispenses product well and is easily controlled.


Its purpose is as a makeup remover for face and eyes, specifically for sensitive skin so therefore it doesn't irritate eyes or cause stinging. I find that it removes everything well except for waterproof mascara and eyeliner. It can remove them but does involve some tugging which I would prefer not to do around my eye area. I pour a little on a cotton round and it removes makeup super easily with little product. It doesn't leave behind any oily residue or any of the sort, doesn't leave the skin feeling tight or uncomfortable, it's really just like water!


It can be used as a gentle cleanser also. There is also no irritating fragrance to it either.


Overall I really like this product. I don't use it everyday, only on days when I'm wearing a lot of face makeup. I use it sparingly only because it cost so much! To be honest for the price I paid, I don't really think it's worth it. I don't see why it is receiving so much hype as I can get the same results from facial wipes. I will, of course, continue to enjoy and use this product, but I don't think I'll repurchase for a while unless I find it for a really good price. I think it'll last me for a good while though.

Have you guys tried the famous Bioderma Micellaire water?

8 comments:

  1. I havent tried it but I'm really tempted to see what the hype is all about, though the price does put me off alot. Glad to see a make-up remover that doesn't leave an oily residue! It's a shame that it doesn't remove waterproof mascara and eyeliner since I'm a daily user of those products :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah..the temptation! Haha. Well, I find that just a little of this is enough for the whole face and a separate eye makeup remover and I'm good to go!

      Delete
  2. I agree price is an issue, but only because it's ridiculously overpriced outside of France. I think they sell a 2x500ml pack there for 18 euros or so. I love this stuff but I also try to use it sparingly because of the cost. However for truly gentle but effective remover that basically feels like water (especially when my eyes are feeling sensitive), nothing else comes close. Though if you're trying to just remove a face full of makeup, I think a makeup wipe and some Neutrogena eye makeup remover works just as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have bought this for only $10 for the 500mL bottle in Hong Kong, though our luggage weight was already over the limit! It was definitely worth trying though, now I know what all the fuss is about!

      Delete
  3. Wow it was $18?! It sounds really great but probably overhyped. I really enjoy my ELF makeup removers. And they are only $3!!

    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...and that was one of the cheapest I could find! I hate how things are so hyped up that they don't live up to my expectations!

      Delete
  4. Bioderma is my holy grail makeup remover, however it is very expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is holy grail material! I can see myself repurchasing but not anytime soon or over and over again.

      Delete