28/02/2013

Monthly Favourites | February 2013

Today I have my monthly favourites for February! This month has seriously zoomed past, not to be cliched or anything, but it really has! Here are a few things that I've really been enjoying.


First up for the face:


The Skin79 Super+ Hot Pink BB cream (review here) has been my go-to base for the month. It is just so easy! I slap it on as the last step of my skincare. It provides moisture without making my face oily, has an SPF of 25, decent light coverage and a slew of other skincare benefits! Although this oxidizes quite close to my skin tone, I still find that I appear to have a slight grey cast or that my face looks quite pale and washed out. To perk up my face I use another product featured in this post!

Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the shade 001 Transparent has been my setting powder of choice. It doesn't add any more coverage to the face so it doesn't look cakey, nor does it look powdery. It sets everything nicely and controls oil for me to be matte for a good 4-6 hours depending on what I'm doing or what the weather is like. It's super good for touch ups too!

My new fave concealer is the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer palette (review here). I love that I can mix the colours to achieve my perfect match and the neutralizer works really well for reducing redness. Not a huge fan of the powder, but I'm a lover of the rest of the palette!

Brows, Eyes and Cheeks:


Here's a bit of a sneak peek into my brow routine!
First up I fill them in with the Dolly Wink Eyebrow Powder in the shade Dark Chocolate (review here) with my Essence Angled Eyeliner brush. It is really thin and stiff so it applies the powder in really natural, hair-like strokes. I really reccommend it for less than $3! The colour of the powder matches really well with my hair colour and gives me nice full while naturally defined brows.

I top off my brows with coat of the Essence clear gel mascara which does the trick! It sets my brows, keeping them in place all day whilst helping the colour last longer. Very cheap and does the job. Wish I could say the same for the packaging though! The spoolie from mine has completely broken off of the lid, it's still usable so I'll try and finish the tube!


The MAC Eyeshadow in the shade All that glitters has been a lovely all over lid colour. It's not too metallic but it is just such a beautiful shade which I am in love with! 

Like I said earlier, to perk up my face and give it a bit more warmth I've been reaching for the Topshop Blush in the shade Head over heels (review here). It's just such a sweet peachy-pink shade with a subtle gold shimmer to give a lovely glow. It also has amazing staying power!

Lastly for the lips, Essence lipstick in All about Cupcake has been my go-to. Such a cute name and shade of pink that looks wonderfully natural. It's a definite my-lips-but-pinker colour. It is a bit sheer and glossy which is what I love about it. Decently moisturizing and very cheap!


That sums it up for the products I've been using this month! What have you guys been loving using in February?




11 comments:

  1. Very nice products. I can't wait to try the Topshop blushes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are really good for their price!

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to get All That Glitters! Did you get yours here from MAC, or from somewhere overseas? I've ordered a bunch of Korean makeup off eBay- I completely understand the love for Skin79 BB cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister actually gave it to me because she works in the industry. Ooh, I look forward to seeing the products you bought!

      Delete
  3. Lovely selection. I love the Essence eyebrow gel, as well as the lipstick. Gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I actually discovered the lipstick from you blog! Haha.

      Delete
    2. Oh glad I could direct you to an awesome product! :)
      x

      Delete
  4. I've tried the Skin79 BB cream but I don't think it is a good match for my dry skin unfortunately :( I've been on the lookout for an affordable and good translucent setting powder and I like the sound of the Rimmel one! I have the Essence angled brush too and it is quite a nice brush to use and it is cheap :) The MAC eyeshadow shade looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, it does claim to be oil controlling. I love the powder and Rimmel is always on sale somewhere! I can definitely see why All that glitters is a cult fave!

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! Like your favs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I want to try that concealer sooo bad! :(

    FMWL

    ReplyDelete