15/01/2013

NOTD | Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Today I have my very first NOTD (Nail of the Day) post! Featured in this post is a Jelly Sandwich using OPI Houston we have a Purple and Essence Make it Golden.


In this case the jelly is Houston we have a Purple. A jelly is a finish of nail polish where it is sheer but buildable, usually opaque in 3-4 coats. They are called 'jellies' because their finish is translucent or 'squishy' looking. A jelly sandwich is when you layer a glitter polish between a few coats of a jelly, creating a translucent, almost stained glass effect!


OPI Houston we have a Purple is a nice purple leaning pink. The formula is super smooth, self-leveling and it dries extremely shiny. Essence Make it Golden is a polish consisting of a few sizes of Gold hex glitter and gold shimmer. When layered underneath HWHAP, the glitter appears rose gold.


6 comments:

  1. Jelly polishes are so fun precisely because you can make jelly sandwiches hehe! Love this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make it Golden looks so much nicer in a jelly sandwich than by itself, I love that about it! I have yet to try many jelly polishes, really need to get onto it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have a few jelly polishes, but I have definitely made a mental note to get some more!

      Delete
  3. This looks really pretty! I haven't tried jelly polishes before, I really want to though as it looks fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really amazing! I just love the finish that you get with them!

      Delete